- It is no longer possible to register for the workshop.
The Trilateral Task Group Climate of Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands invites professionals, policy makers, students, scholars and managers in the fields of nature conservation, spatial planning and coastal risk management to the workshop on “Climate Change Adaptation in the Wadden Sea Region”.
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Enhance and strengthen the trilateral network of experts working on climate change in the field of nature conservation and coastal risk management.
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge between the three Wadden Sea states.
- Gather input for the evaluation of the trilateral climate change adaptation strategy.
- Link climate change adaptation to the UNESCO World Heritage goals e.g. sustaining the Outstanding Universal Value and Integrity of the Wadden Sea.
Detailed description of the program is presented here. Keynotes will be provided by:
- Mr. Tim Collins, Principal Coastal Expert at Natural England; and
- Dr. Jacobus Hofstede, Scientific Director; Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein Ministry for Energy, Agriculture, Environment, Nature and Digitalization.
The workshop consists of plenary sessions and parallel sub-sessions for debating on innovative coastal defence, nature conservation and integrated projects and strategies.
Excursion at the second day of the workshop
An excursion is planned to the salt marsh restoration site “Langwarder Groden” near Wilhelmshaven in the afternoon of 27 September 2017.
Registration for the workshop
Participating at the workshop is free of all charges. However participants are required to make own accommodation arrangements in Wilhelmshaven. Information about hotel accommodation, meeting venue and the full workshop program can be found at this website. The meeting space is limited to 60 participants.
It is no longer possible to register!!!